Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Always Two Sides To A Story.......



Someone once told me there is "no such thing as an original idea" this in turn obviously made them feel less guilty about copying ideas directly from others.
It is with great sadness that I feel the need to write this post however due to recent events and blogs, there are a few things that I need to get of my chest. I love what I do and the jewellery I create. Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone wearing one of my lockets or when they choose a sheet music locket because the lyrics hold a special meaning. But when someone directly takes one of my ideas to use as their own and then makes a mockery of my feelings, well that just breaks my heart. I am protective of the things I do and create as I don't want to see our beloved handmade markets turned into a carbon copy where everything is the same and if that causes conflict then so be it. Some may consider it just a "craft" but I am proud of what I do because at the end of the day, I can sit back and look at my creations knowing they are an original idea.......

3 comments:

  1. It seems that this has been happening a lot lately and unfortunately there isn't much that we can do about it. I think that we need to remember that people with a real passion will continue to make and create and the copiers will fizzle out with boredom or start copying someone else instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry that this has happened to you, It has happened to me and some of my colleages and is a dreadful time until the strength is found to move on! Everything kellie said I agree with too..

    ReplyDelete